Salary: £37,000 to £43,000 plus up to 15% bonus
PCG provides industry-leading management consulting and web-based solutions to help public, private and voluntary organisations achieve their performance goals and deliver better outcomes for people. We combine our resources and expertise from these areas to offer a multidisciplinary approach to solving client challenges. PCG has a rapidly growing presence in the UK and Europe. Originally established in 1986, PCG's headquarters is in Boston, Massachusetts and has extensive experience in all 50 states of America and clients in six Canadian provinces.
PCG established an office in London three years ago and has grown through acquisition. Its current UK business includes:
- PCG Care Solutions: development and management of citizen-focussed software solutions for health and social care sector.
- PCG Healthcare Financial Solutions: development and operation of financial management software for hospitals and NHS trusts.
- PCG Advisory Services: management consultancy across the public sector.
Due to the recent and planned expansion, there is a need to professionalise the finance function. This new role will be responsible for all accounting, reporting, tax and compliance for PCG's UK businesses.
Whilst the successful candidate will work on a day-to-day basis with the heads of PCG's UK businesses, they will ultimately report to PCG's Corporate Accounting Group in Boston, USA. This will be a very high visibility position in which the successful candidate will have frequent interaction with all levels of the UK team as well as corporate management in the USA.
As this is a fast growing operation, the successful candidate must be able to work independently and enjoy new challenges. The successful candidate will possess the ability and desire to grow and assume additional responsibilities as PCG's UK business grows. Success in this position will require the ability to independently develop expertise in new areas (often the result of business growth) and then implement processes and/or procedures to satisfy those business needs.
* Ensure compliance with all UK accounting rules and laws.
* Keep UK management and US Corporate Accounting, apprised and aware of changes and proposed changes to UK rules and regulations.
* Prepare and post invoices, code and post to accounting system and ensure timely collection of accounts receivables.
* Review all payables for accuracy and proper approval, code and post to accounting system and process payment.
* Management of treasury function (bank account).
* Review all staff expense reports for accuracy, proper approval, and compliance.
* Maintain and transmit payroll information to outsourced payroll administrator.
* Review of monthly and annual payroll outputs (payslips, P60s, HMRC submissions).
* Maintain all accounting records on Solomon (PCG's corporate accounting system - see below), ensuring timely monthly close of books.
* Monthly accounting duties may include prepaid assets, fixed assets, intercompany calculations and reconciliations, accrual calculations including payroll, unbilled accounts receivable and bank account reconciliations.
* Preparation of quarterly VAT returns.
* Analyse general ledger monthly and explain unusual balances.
* Prepare monthly financial statements including income statement, balance sheet and other reports as required.
* Liaison with PCG's UK accountancy firm to conclude annual audit.
* Liaison with PCG's UK accountancy firm to review annual statutory accounts.
* Liaison with PCG's UK accountancy firm to conclude annual corporation tax return (including R&D grants if applicable).
* Preparation of annual budget, including liaison with UK management team and US corporate team (March / April).
* Review of project profitability.
* Input in to pricing strategy.
* Arrangement of insurances.
* Administration of pension requirements.
* Some general admin related to the three UK offices.
* Manage handover / transition from two existing part-time finance resources (both relatives of the UK management team) who are expected to leave their posts within 3-6 months of the new Finance Manager commencing.
* Oversee integration of business units and standardisation of finance policies.
* Oversee the planned migration (July 2015) from SAGE to PCG's corporate accounting system, Microsoft Dynamics Solomon (training to be provided - must be able to travel to Boston, USA for training).
* Other special projects as required (e.g. due diligence on future acquisitions).
Skills and experience
* Five to seven years of accounting experience, preferably working with an international parent organisation.
* Practical experience working with accounting software, ideally SAGE and/or Microsoft Dynamics.
* Time spent studying or working in US would be highly desirable.
* Finance or accounting related degree or qualifications.
* ACCA, CIMA or ACA qualified / part-qualified is desirable.
* Minimum of 3 'A' levels and 5 GCSEs (grade A-C), or equivalent, including English Language.
* Computer literacy - High level of IT literacy using the Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook).
* Communication skills - Candidates must possess excellent interpersonal and written/spoken communication skills.
* Good team work skills - Open and inclusive approach, willing and able to interact internally and externally. Organised and pro-active self-starter. Ability to perform under pressure.
* Logical, clear thinker
* Organised with high attention to detail
* Possess discretion to work with confidential information.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with diverse groups, executives, managers and subject matter experts
* Must be self-motivated, with a strong work ethic, and able to work with limited supervision and achieve set goals by proactively removing roadblocks and resolving needs for information
To apply, please visit the Jobsite website.